Glimpses of August

The month of August was mostly spent getting ready for school to start. I took Brodie to work with me every chance I could. He would hang out under my desk, or in front of the window in the breezeway, or napping in the senior lounge while I set up for the book sale. School started on the 21st, and the House of Justinian gained 5 new members as we try to defend our 3-time house cup championship.
The first nap in the senior lounge of the 2018-19 school year.
Lots of books, ready for their students
First day traditions - a new dress and a Chick-fil-A biscuit
New Justinians
The House of Justinian
Reps from the 4 Cambridge houses, showing their colors
When I wasn't at work, I spent a lot of time enjoying my balcony garden. I added several new plants, and most of my others were looking quite good. We had a short cool snap, and Brodie and I took advantage of the time on the balcony without sweating. 
Brodie and his glowing look-alike
August 13th was Brodie's 9th birthday. I can't believe he's 9 years old, and I've had him for 8 years! He went to work with me that day, and then we celebrated with a new bed, a fun iguana toy, and birthday cookies. My neighbor's 3-year-old, Kinshuk, was crying out on the landing because his daddy was leaving, so I invited him and his mom to share a birthday cookie with Brodie. He was really cute, telling Brodie "Happy Birthday, Bwodie!"
The rest of the month was spent getting renovations on my apartment (a new kitchen backsplash and new flooring in the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom), taking Brodie for a Sonic treat, reading my summer reading out by the pool, and finding the first pumpkin spice treat at Walmart. 
When they pulled my stove out to add the backsplash, I discovered Brodie's hiding place!
Before and After

Comments

Popular Posts