November Days

November was busy with starting my Advent celebrations and enjoying my Alabama football. Occasionally the two collided, especially when I decorated for Christmas while watching the Bama vs. Mississippi State game. I made sure to put up my Bama tree like every year. My coworker Emily came over to decorate with me as well. I love how cozy my apartment feels when it is all decked out for Christmas!

I made sure to keep up the Bama gameday selfies with my Brodie too. He doesn't really like football, sadly. You can see, below, how he spent one of the games; it's actually rare that he stays in the same room with me when a game is on.

Where October was grey, gloomy, and wet for most of the month, November had some spectacularly beautiful days, and the leaves in Texas finally started to turn. Brodie and I enjoyed several canal walks, relishing the crisp autumn days while we could.

Here are a few random pics from the month, including Brodie and also my Cambridge house enjoying our Thanksgiving feast on the Friday before Thanksgiving.  

As always, I spent a week in Georgia with the family for Thanksgiving. On Tuesday, Mom and I joined several other volunteers from her church at the Operation Christmas Child warehouse, inspecting shoeboxes and packing them for destinations far and wide. It was a lot of fun - I spent most of the evening sorting the completed shoeboxes by age/gender and packing them in large boxes. I had to try and get as many in each box as possible; my record was 17! Even though I was struggling to breathe with a sinus infection, I really enjoyed volunteering with Mom.

Mamaw spent the month of November with Mom and Dad, so we invited Dad's siblings and their families to spend Thanksgiving with us. Brenda and Mike, Heath, and his boys came down on Wednesday and spent several days with us. My cousin Gary and his daughter Sophia came for a couple of days as well, and his daughter Jade drove over on Friday for a visit. Alvin, Kay, and their family all live close by, so they came over for Thanksgiving day. It was a busy but fun time to visit with family I haven't seen in quite some time. Lots of good food, laughs, games, Christmas movies, and more... 
Dad, Mamaw, Aunt Brenda, and Uncle Alvin
Alvin, Kay, and family
Brenda, Mike, and family
My family
Mom and Dad
Mamaw
November seemed to fly by, and December was here before we knew it. But I still got to enjoy my favorite season!

Comments

Popular Posts