December Delights

December is all about Christmas, so get ready for a lot of festive pics! I love how cozy my apartment looks when it's decorated in all its Christmas glory. I got a new artificial Christmas tree in the after-Christmas sales last year, so it was fun to decorate it. I also finally found a tree-topper that fit more with my decor. Of course, I put up my Willow nativity and Bama tree again, complete with Bear Bryant houndstooth fedora. And I changed up the mantle decor a little bit, but kept my custom chalkboard.

My coworker Emily and I started a new tradition of having a Christmas gathering with the senior girls. Since there were only 6 of them this year, they all came over to my apartment, where we listened to Christmas music, decorated sugar cookies, and laughed a lot. It was so much fun! I'm not sure what we're going to do with the next class, though, because there's 13 of them!

Enchant came back to Texas for the 2nd year in a row, and Genny and I made sure to go again. We both agreed that the previous year was better - we really enjoyed hunting for the reindeer - but it was a lot of fun wandering around amongst all the beautiful Christmas lights, the giant star, the enormous central Christmas tree, the fake snow, and all the large "toys" that we had to hunt for. It was super chilly out there, but we got hot chocolate and made the best of it. 

Of course, one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is taking cute pictures of Brodie. My Secret Santa at work gave me this adorable Westie cookie jar; Brodie wasn't sure who the imposter was. I did several photo shoots with Brodie in front of the tree - he puts up with so much from me. But isn't he the cutest?!

After school was dismissed for the Christmas break, Brodie and I took off to Georgia. He's such a great travel buddy. We stopped off near Tuscaloosa to spend the night with Rachel's parents. It was so good to see her! Brodie was happy to see his Auntie Rachel for a little while.

I'll put Christmas Eve/Christmas Day in its own post, but I still have several other pics to share from my time in Georgia. I convinced my family that it would be fun to be tourists in Atlanta for a day, so we went downtown to visit the Coca-Cola Museum and Johnny Rockets. We had a great time together, and I really enjoyed tasting all the Coke products from around the world. We also got to hold actual Olympic torches from Atlanta in 1996 and Beijing in 2008 - cool! And the museum and Centennial Park were beautiful in their Christmas finest.
Actual Olympic torches!
I have one of those Bear Bryant Coke's on my own shelf!

For New Year's Eve we got "dressed up" and went to take our annual family pics at Starr's Mill, one of my favorite spots in Fayetteville. Then we headed into town for our traditional New Year's Eve Hibachi meal - delish! When we got home, we played marbles and relaxed until it was time for the ball to drop. We toasted the new year with sparkling grape juice in Mom's gluewein mugs.

Finally, here are a couple of random pics from the month. Check out my Christmas post (coming soon) for celebrations with the extended family...
Fun festive nails
Gameday pic, taken before the SEC championship game - Roll Tide!

Comments

Popular Posts