March Happenings

In March, I finally got my balcony garden put back to normal. My plants had been inside for most of the winter, but March finally brought consistently warmer weather and I felt confident that my plants wouldn't freeze outside. My apartment had actually functioned fairly well as a greenhouse - my canna lilies and Rose of Sharon were already growing strong, my sweetheart wax plant was as tall as ever, and my kalonchoe was huge! But they were all happy to get outside into the lovely sunshine. I planted some bluebonnets and other flowers for some beautiful color too.
I LOVE the donkey tail in this owl planter!
In early March, the Pikman's were kind enough to lead a Passover seder for my 7th and 9th grade students. What a treat to experience in such a tangible way the connections between the Exodus from Egypt and our deliverance from sin and death through the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ! You can read the blog post I wrote for Cambridge's blog here. We have the Pikman family at Cambridge for one more year before their youngest graduates, so I hope they will do a seder for us once more in 2019.
March's celebrations of Christ's sacrifice weren't limited to Passover. On Good Friday I took some silly pics with my Easter Brodie before heading to Fort Worth to hang out with the Holmes Family. We dyed Easter eggs, one of our annual traditions, with her niece Tori and her friend, and then joined our Wedgwood family and a couple of other churches for an outdoor Good Friday service.
Love this pic of Brodie and Boomer!
Twinning :)
Communion to go?
The March weather was beautiful, so Brodie and I took advantage of it and took several canal walks. Of course, I had to snap some selfies with my boy when he was so happy and smiley. 
Here are a few other miscellaneous pics from the month of March. 
Quite a sunset!
All dressed up and nowhere to go
New wreath I made for my door
Grading on the balcony
cotton candy clouds

Comments

Popular Posts