The Happy Dolphins

One of my favorite spots at Sea World was the dolphin tank, because you can actually interact with the animals. I'm not sure how many dolphins were swimming around in that pool, but there were quite a few, including at least one baby. Something about dolphins just makes me smile. They are always so happy-looking, so friendly. They would swim around the tank and then just pop up at the edge right by whoever was peering over. It was funny to see people jump when a dolphin was almost looking them in the eyeball! They also seemed to enjoy talking in their clicking language and splashing the people with their tails as they dipped under the water. The best part is when you feed them, though. You can buy 4 little fish for $5, and hold them over the water so the dolphins come and take them from your hand. Sometimes you can actually pet the dolphins on the nose when they come up for the fish. I could have stayed there and watched the dolphins all day. After swimming with them a couple of years ago in Mexico, I SO wanted to jump in the tank with them (especially since it was so hot and humid out).

(blurry, but the only shot I got of the baby)

Comments

Amie V said…
Awwww... baby! I wonder if they are really always happy, or if they get annoyed with always having to smile even when they aren't? ;)
Genny said…
The dolphins were some of our favorites too. Makes me want to go back just reading.

Popular Posts