SHAMU - I Believe!!!

Of course, the highlight of any trip to Sea World is the show featuring Shamu, called Believe. Rachel and I actually saw it twice, once each day, because we enjoyed it so much. There are actually four killer whales who perform tricks and jumps, splash the crowd, and wow the audience with their beauty and gentleness. The name "killer whale" seems such a misnomer for these amazing creatures. At one point in the show, a lady dives into the water and almost seems to dance with Shamu, swimming with him, having him mimic her movements, etc. I left the show the first day saying I no longer want my PhD in New Testament. I want to be the lady who swims with Shamu! =) Of course, that's not feasible, but I was so in awe of the whales, I couldn't get enough (as evidenced by the 70+ photos I took in the two performances of Believe!). I'll only post a handful here, but enough that you too can share in the wonder that is Shamu.


And my favorite shot (taken through the glass):

Comments

Amie V said…
I would so love to be one of the animal trainers like that... but I would look horrible in that tight wetsuit. So I'd better not. =D
Genny said…
Ditto on the wetsuit comment from Amie. Awesome pictures.
Michele Davis said…
aw I love all of your sea world posts! I love the dolphins too! you're making me wanna go so bad! :)
Peas on Earth said…
I agree about Cannery Row! Hilarious! What a fun trip! You and Rachel must have had a great time! :-)

And what is this I see about Egypt?!?! How long will you be gone???
Barb said…
Sharon, I'll be in Egypt for 2 weeks - Dec 28-Jan 11. It's a seminary study trip, and I can't wait! We're going to hike/ride camels to the summit of Mt. Sinai at sunrise! Awesome!

Popular Posts