Genny's Birthday

Yesterday was Genny's birthday. Every year for my birthday she makes me a delicious carrot cake, so this year I decided I wanted to bake her favorite cake - which, according to Rebecca, is also carrot! Imagine that! Rebecca and Abigail were both planning to come over Tuesday night and help me bake, but since Rebecca had too much homework, Abigail and I were on our own. We worked hard, and baked a yummy, though admittedly not that pretty, carrot cake.

We gave Genny the cake when I took Abigail home that night. When we walked in the door we said "Happy Birthday!" Then Abigail, in all seriousness, said "we did what we could." It was so funny - we cracked up. I actually think it was rather brave of me to present one of my first attempts at real baking to the cake master. But she was kind and didn't comment on its rather unattractive appearance. Hey, with baking, it's the taste that counts, right?

Then yesterday, we carried on the tradition of lunch together on our birthdays by eating a delicious meal at Red Hot & Blue, another of our favorites. A fun time of celebration was had by all!

Comments

theglenns556 said…
I love Red Hot & Blue. There used to be one in Jackson but it closed. Where is it in Fort Worth?
Barb said…
Nicki, our RH&B is on North Hulen, heading towards I-30, by the Tom Thumb grocery store. It is my favorite restaurant! And to think, before RH&B, I never ate bbq!
Amie V said…
it really is taste that matters... and it looks delish!
Genny said…
Thank you again for the delicious cake. And lunch! It was a fabulous day.

Popular Posts