Crazy Clouds

With the storms today in the DFW area, we had some really crazy clouds. I have never in my life seen clouds like these! I was driving back to work after lunch when I first saw them, and snapped a couple of pics when I got out of the car (though what I could see at that point wasn't nearly as cool as a bit further down the road). Then, a little later after a phonecall from Amy urging me to take advantage of the photo op, I took a quick walk back outside to take a few more pics. My pics aren't nearly as impressive as those my friends took, though. I'm thinking the clouds must have been even more amazing in the Hulen and Arlington areas, because the clouds in these pics are awesome. Only God could be this creative, and He was certainly showing off his creativity and power today!
Pics below courtesy of Jessica (first 4), Amy (5-7), and Becky (last 2)

check out the purply light on the horizon - so wierd!

Comments

Amie V said…
it's like looking at ocean waves, in reverse or something. that is bizarre and amazing.... =D
Jason said…
Wow! Those pics are amazing! They don't even look real. I've never seen anything like that. Erin
Genny said…
Cool, and kinda scary.
Barb said…
Apparently, the Cloud Appreciation Society has decided these clouds need their own name, "asperatus" from the Latin word meaning "choppy." See http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=91955330909&h=Dvjy7&u=VWsTz&ref=nf
KKP said…
These pics are just amazing Barb...i was just in London and you know what??? On BBC morning news they had the guy on who started the Cloud Appreciation society! It's apparently a huge thing and i'm sure they'd LOVE your photos. :o)

Popular Posts