Six Flags - and yes, there was rain

I had to apologize to my friends yesterday. They fell victim to my curse, which is that every time I go to any sort of theme park, it rains! Yesterday was certainly no exception. The majority of the day wasn't too bad - we got to the park a little after 1:00, and had a few hours of chilly, cloudy, but dry weather before the rain hit while we rode Elvira's Superstition. After that, the weather went downhill. It was quite chilly, but we still had fun, staying until after 6:00. The rain started coming down pretty hard right as we got to our cars, so we definitely chose the right time to leave.
riding the teacups - I didn't even know they had this ride!
Crazy Legs - this ride made me feel rather seasick!
It has been a long time since I've gone to Six Flags - many things were the same as always, and I had no problem finding my way around the park. All my favorite rides were still there, including the Batman and the Titan. Unfortunately the Titan was broken yesterday, so we didn't get to ride it. There are also a couple of new rides, but the main one I wanted to try wasn't running. The best part of the day was getting Amy, who does NOT like roller coasters, to ride not one but TWO! We started her out on Runaway Mountain, an indoor roller coaster which is pitch black so you can't see what's coming. I rode with her, and she was hilarious! She started out screaming, but then ended up laughing really hard for most of the ride. I thought she was going to abandon me before the Batman ride, but she worked through her fears and enjoyed it so much (after the initial drop) that she wanted to ride it again right away. So of course we made her ride in the front! Our tickets yesterday came with a complimentary pass to Holiday in the Park, so my goal is to get her on the Titan at that time. :)

Amy looked a little nervous before the ride...
...but afterwards she was all smiles!

Comments

Amie V said…
nope, not me. not at all jealous that you rode roller coasters. not one bit. not me. nope.

are you convinced? ;)

sorry about the rain, my friend. it's your curse for having left me here in scotland. =D
theglenns556 said…
We got season passes one year while at SWBTS and barely used them. But, this post brings back so many great memories of our time there. How fun! AND, note to self...you are going to disney with us if you bring rain!
Genny said…
Looks like a fun day. Not for me, of course, but glad you braved the rain and enjoyed it.
alissa said…
I'm glad you got to go! At least since it was raining you didn't get sunscreen in your eyes...lol. That was a fun Six Flags memory!

Popular Posts