Spring Break 2018

I was super excited when my friend Amie decided to come to Texas to visit me during Spring Break. We met during my time in Aberdeen in 2007 and immediately hit it off - I spent most of my time there with her. Since we both returned to the States, we've seen each other a handful of times, but this was probably the most laid-back visit with the most down time to just hang out. It was also the first time on my "turf". Amie arrived on Monday afternoon, and after introducing her to Brodie and taking a stroll down memory lane by looking at all my Scotland scrapbooks, I took her to Red Hot & Blue. She was in awe of the giant "cups" - everything's bigger in Texas, after all!
On Tuesday, we drove up to Pilot Point to the Texas Tulips field. Amie is almost as much of a shutterbug as I am, so we both took our cameras and took tons of photos of the flowers and each other. Sadly, my battery died shortly after we arrived, but I made do with my phone camera. We had such a good time, and the weather was gorgeous! 
On Wednesday, I took Amie to my old stomping grounds. We did a driving tour of Southwestern Seminary, and then got out to walk around the new college and evangelism building, which I had never seen. We also walked over to the fish pond, where I introduced Amie to "Shaq-Jesus", and we found my PhD brick, which was really cool to see! I promised Amie a genuine Mexican lunch if she came to Texas, even though I am NOT a fan, so we went to Joe T. Garcia's, a famous Mexican restaurant near the Fort Worth Stockyards. We also drove around downtown Fort Worth, where I showed her my favorite building (Bass Hall) and the famous courthouse from Walker Texas Ranger.
After lunch, I took Amie to the Stockyards for some Texas-sized fun. We explored the fun shops, took lots of western pics, sat on a longhorn (which I have never done in my MANY visits), watched the cattle drive, and ate ginormous snowcones. It was so much fun! 
In between all our sightseeing, we played hours of Monkey Ball on the Playstation, which is one of the ways we spent much of our time in Aberdeen, and just relaxed and talked and caught up on life. I can't wait for the next time we're able to hang out.

Comments

Popular Posts