A sad night for the Braves

Last night a group of us went to the Ballpark in Arlington to see the Rangers take on the Atlanta Braves. I was really excited, because the Braves are my team, so of course I was talking trash and saying how the Braves were going to win. Well... not so much. We got there a bit late because of traffic on the interstate, and the Braves were already behind 2-0. And it went downhill from there, until the Braves were down 7-1 at the worst point. Thankfully they came back and the final score was 7-5. At least it was a respectable loss. I enjoyed getting to see Chipper bat (he wasn't playing 3rd base like normal, but at least he was designated hitter).

So Norman and I, Lance and Amanda, and Taryn ended up enjoying the game and the company. The weather couldn't have been better. Storms earlier in the day made the temp nice and cool (around 75 degrees), and we actually got rained on a little bit even though the sky was blue and had very few clouds - odd. We had a good view from our seats (and they looked straight down on the Rangers bullpen, so Taryn loved that). All in all, it was a fun night at the ballpark. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a Braves win (in my opinion, at least).

(Braves rightfielder Francouer) (Braves outfielders, resting during a pitching change)

(Norman enjoying the game)
(Taryn texting during the game)

(I'm known for taking pics of my feet at places I go - last night was no exception)

(Texas Rangers bullpen, directly below our seats)
(Lance and Amanda)
(The Ballpark at Arlington at night)

Comments

Amie V said…
Sorry you didn't get the W. That's a bummer. And I'm glad you had *cool* temps. I laughed at that... I'm so used to it here now that I think 65 is hot. I'm in trouble when I come home for sure! ;)
Barb said…
Amie, you are definitely in trouble. But considering it was 95 degrees at 9:00 the night before, even you would have considered 75 cool. So looking forward to you coming home.
Genny said…
Sorry the Braves didn't pull out a win, but glad the weather was nice and cool.

Popular Posts