Friday Night Softball

This spring I decided to join Wedgwood's co-ed softball team. We had games every Friday night from the week before Easter until mid-May. My regular position quickly became catcher, which is my favorite, because you actually get to handle the ball quite often. Let me tell you, I was SO sore after the first few games - all that squatting is hard on the quads! It was a lot of fun getting back out to the fields, playing softball for the first time since intramurals at the University of Alabama ten years ago. It was also good to make new friends and get to know others better. All in all, we had a successful winning season (we only lost 3 or 4 games). Here are a few pics from the last couple of games.
(weary catcher)
(notice the bloody knees and chalk-covered shirt in this one?
my season ended in a bang, a nice fall right on the first base line!)

Comments

Amie V said…
Yay for winning seasons! And yay for you getting out there and doing something other than work, kid's choir, and studying! =D
Genny said…
Glad you were finally able to be on a WBC team.
Jennie B said…
What fun! I always wanted to play a sport, but after a mis-step my first soccer game, I turned to music instead. :) Maybe one day I can get off my bum and do something sporty!

Congrats on finding your 'niche' on the field and for the winning season!

Popular Posts