My weekend in Fort Worth

I spent this past weekend hanging out with my friends in Fort Worth Amy and Amanda were kind enough to let me spend the night Saturday night since it was my last weekend to sing at Wedgwood and I had to be there really early on Sunday. They moved into their new house only a week before, so I spent some time helping them unpack and hang pictures on the walls (they helped me do the same a few weeks before).

Apparently Amanda needs to wear a cowboy hat to unpack. :)


We went to Babe's Chicken in Burleson for dinner Saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. The food at Babe's is SO good! Creamed corn, mashed potatos, green beans, biscuits and gravy, and tons of chicken - all served homestyle. And the atmosphere is a lot of fun too.




While waiting for our table, we went into the giftshop. They had these Jesus flashlights - the slogan on the box said "Let him light your way!" So bizarrely sacreligious! But we got a good laugh out of them.

Sunday morning I sang on praise team for the last time. It has been my privilege to sing with this group on Sunday mornings for the last year, and I hate to give that up, but I know that if I am going to make friends where I live now, it's time to move on. I think I handled my last Sunday at Wedgwood pretty well. I only had one teary moment, after the service when I was talking to Genny - we both had to head to the choir room for kleenex. I blame it on the fact that neither of us was feeling well. ;)

After church on Sunday, Amy, Amanda, and I ventured down to the Fort Worth Stockyards, since it was a gorgeous day. We had lunch at Riscky's Barbeque, found out my hat size, and took a few pics before heading back to unpack some more. All in all, it was a really fun weekend back in what still feels like home.



Comments

Amie V said…
so, what is your hat size? ;)

Popular Posts