This Is My Life - Part 1: My CSD Office

I promised photos of my apartment and office once I got things set up. Well, my home is not yet settled - I still have tons of books in boxes, my scrapbook room is a DISASTER, I don't yet have a washer & dryer, and I have one more bookshelf to set up. So you'll have to wait for the pics of my home.

But yesterday I finally had the opportunity to hang my photos/diplomas in my office, and now they are out of my way and it's MUCH more functional! Here are a few pics of my small but inviting office (seriously, it measures 8' x 8.5' and used to be a storage closet!).
My bookshelf and Dr. Wolfe's chair
My filing system, overlooked by my "ego wall"
My desk area
And last but definitely not least, warming my toes by my lovely space heater, without which I was FREEZING! I got it yesterday, and I can already tell a huge difference. Never thought I would use a space heater in Texas in September, but it's definitely a blessing. Of course, that might mean that in the winter I will be wearing tanktops and running a fan. But we'll have to see...

There are still a few more modifications I need to make to my office. Notice the oddly placed outlet in the second bookshelf picture above (hint, look up!)? There's only one other outlet in the room, and it's on the opposite wall from my desk, so I have the cord from a power strip running along the wall, along with my network and phone cables. I need to get them tacked down. And Dr. Wolfe thinks we can add a keyboard tray to my desk, which will be FABULOUS because it will free up desk space and be more ergonomically correct. But for now, this room is actually the most settled room in my life - good, since I spend more time here than anywhere!
Stay tuned - "Part 2: My kitchen and living room" coming up soon...

Comments

Amie V said…
aside from the plug problem, it looks great! i love cute cozy spaces. =)
Jennie B said…
I want an office. :) You did great work!

Popular Posts