This Is My Life - Part 2: My New Apartment

Welcome to my new apartment! It's not completely set up yet, but I'm settled enough now that I'm willing to share with you where I live. First, walk with me through the front door into the entryway...
Next is the living room. This is my favorite room, so far anyway. I have a fireplace! (which I probably will never use unless someone visits and lights a fire for me), and sliding glass doors which look out into a grassy courtyard of sorts.

From the living room you can look through the "window" into the study/scrapbooking room. This room is the least complete thus far. I still have shelves and things to hang on the walls, but I'll get there eventually. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I want it set up. Right now all my paper is on the bookshelf on one wall, and my desk is across the room. Not exactly user-friendly, but until Genny comes up and helps me figure it all out, this will do. :)
Now the dining room and kitchen. The kitchen's not as big as at my last apartment, but since I don't have to put the table in it, that helps. And I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal - YAY!!!!
You can enter the bathroom through the hallway or the bedroom. The bathroom is a really nice size, with double sinks (not that I need that), and a window in the shower - now that's odd!
I can enter my bedroom from the hallway or the bathroom. The first pic is the view from the hallway. I have lots of windows, including a door onto a second balcony! The wall above my bed is quite bare right now, because it's waiting for my painting from Katherine - can't wait to get it!
Finally, my closet. Quite simply, it's huge! And that's good, because I don't have much inside storage other than it. There's no closet in the study, and only a very small coat closet in the entryway. There is a storage closet out on the main balcony, but it's packed full of Christmas stuff! Oh, check out the chair-rail of sorts I hung to hang my jewelry from. I think it turned out really neat.
So that's my apartment. It's actually starting to feel like a home now. I've lived here for nearly a month, and haven't yet met any neighbors, though, so that's a little disappointing. I did visit the pool a couple of times, but nobody else was there. Anyway, I guess I'll meet people eventually. But now you can kind of visualize where I live.

Comments

theglenns556 said…
Very cute! It looks like you are settling in very well!!
Amie V said…
oh. my. life. i can't tell you how jealous i am right now. i love it! *sigh*
Michele Davis said…
Aw, your new apartment is cute! I love your welcome mat! I've been a bad blog follower this summer, I'm trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. I finally updated my blog too! Hopefully I'll be a better commenter from now on. :)

PS- I made a photo blog (which you can find if you go to my personal blog) and I have a post with some of the pictures I took of you, hope that's okay!

Popular Posts