Eggstra! Eggstra! Read All About It!

"Forty-Five Dye in Ten-Handed Easter Dunking!"

In other words, Genny and the girls came over on Saturday, and the five of us quickly went about dying nearly 4-dozen eggs (it would have been 4-dozen if 3 hadn't broken). Every year the girls set about to find new and creative ways to decorate the eggs. This year the oddest new technique came with Katherine's question, "Do you have any toothpicks?" Well, I admit I was curious, so I brought out the toothpicks and she proceeded to use one like a paintbrush... She ended up with two eggs with faces and "beany" type hats that she named Fred and Ted. Very creative, that girl! We had some of the most unusual looking eggs this year. Rebecca dipped strips of paper towel in the dye and painted eggs with that. Abigail was determined to get the richest blue egg possible, and she succeeded by sitting the egg in yellow, then pink, then blue, then purple. I would have thought that would create an ugly brown mess, but it was actually a beautiful royal blue color. Genny and I were a bit more conventional. Most of her eggs were solid colors; I did some two-toned eggs, but I'm nowhere near as artistic as those girls are! The kit also came with a glitter pack, so we spruced up some of the eggs with some sparkle. It was rather messy and not easy to work with, and tended to actually fade the color of the egg, so we didn't do many, but the ones we did were pretty. Over all, it was a successful venture in dying.





Comments

Amie V said…
Love the headline, ha! =) Looks like fun... I miss dying eggs. It's just not the same by myself, though. I'd feel a little silly, ha! ;)
Genny said…
A great time was had by all...except those who dye-d. Hee...hee...we're so punny!

Popular Posts