Tomatoes and Daisies

Thanks to Genny's assistance, I now have tomato plants and flowers planted! I've been wanting to plant some flowers for a while now, but being a city girl I didn't know how. So I asked Genny if she would help me (or as Abigail said, to be my "babysitter to plant flowers"). So last night we planted red gerbera daisies, white alyssum, a tiny blue flower that I don't know the name of, and a spiky plant in a big planter on my front porch. Did you catch that? Red, white, and blue flowers... They don't look all that great right now, because they need to grow into the pot, but hopefully pretty soon they'll be full and beautiful.
I'm also a fanatic for a nice, juicy, homegrown tomato, so I decided to try planting a couple of tomato plants too. They're out by my back door. And in 65-70 days I should be able to enjoy a scrumptuous tomato sandwich. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Now I just have to remember to water the plants...

Comments

Amie V said…
I'm so jealous about the tomatoes... our back garden is a disaster (and gets very little sun), and anything inside the cats eat. I tried growing some herbs, but they ate them. Boo. I'll live vicariously through your flowers and 'maters. =D
Genny said…
Looks great! Remember: Whoever gets the most tomatoes has to share with the other.
Barb said…
I'm happy to share, Genny. Hopefully one of us will have a successful crop.

Popular Posts