Bluebonnet Excursion

Today Paige and I decided the weather was too beautiful to stay inside, so we ventured down to Ennis to scout out the bluebonnets (for you non-Texans, that's the state flower of Texas). It kind of reminded me of my weekend photography and sight-seeing excursions in Scotland.

After a few mishaps with missed roads and wrong turns (because we decided to take the "scenic" route and avoid the highways), we finally made it to Ennis. We took a picnic with us, and enjoyed our lunch by the lake with full fields of bluebonnets in view. Most of the fields around Ennis weren't all in full bloom yet, but this particular area was beautiful. Tons of bluebonnets, with the occasional Indian Paintbrush and Buttercups mixed in. With a nearly cloudless sky, brilliant sunshine, and a lovely breeze, we couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the day.

Comments

Amie V said…
Beautiful! As nice as the daffodils here.... =D
Genny said…
There is no color of blue like that. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. That post just made me happy.
Barb said…
I can't believe I wrote "scenic root"! How embarassing! It's fixed now though.
Amie V said…
I laughed at that, actually, but decided not to comment. =D Thought you were just being a true Southerner, since we're all illiterate anyway. ;)
Michele Davis said…
oooh I'm jealous! I love them all!
Camilla Millar said…
Hi, I was just "web stalking" (but I'm not a stalker, I promise). I found your site through Melissa's (my Aunt, Mark is my mom's baby brother).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I loved your pictures. You have quite an eye for photography. I admire this skill, because I am totally devoid of it!

Popular Posts