Texas Living

Last night I was looking at the pictures from two events I was a part of this week, and realized that it's very obvious I live in Texas!

On Thursday night a small group went to "Stars in the Stars" to watch Spiderman on the big outdoor screen in downtown Fort Worth. It was quite warm out there, but it was a lot of fun. We got Marble Slab ice cream and just hung out, chatting until the show started at dark.
Last night Wedgwood's singles department hosted a "Hip to be Square" Dance as a fundraiser for the August mission trip to San Francisco. The CLC was decorated with white lights and all sorts of western fun. We had a professional square dance caller, and did several square dances, line dances, and even had a few swing dances. It was really fun to hang out with new friends that I've met since I rejoined the singles department.
my date, the cowboy
the "white girls" - Missi, Amanda, me, and Amy, new Wedgie friends

Comments

Jennie B said…
Hey Texas fun! Don't know if I would enjoy Square Dancin, but its probably the only type of dancin I can do! LOL, takes me back to elementary school gym class...

Glad you had fun, that Stars in the Stars looks like a nice environment to watch a movie. I have always wanted to see a "movie on the green"! Maybe this summer we will see on they show in our downtown!
Amie V said…
Texas, no doubt! A far cry from Scotland... especially the sitting outside at night part. Brrrr! But at least we have ceilidhs! ;)

Popular Posts