So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

So today, I said goodbye to my trusty Jeep, known as George (named George Washington because its a Patriot blue Jeep Liberty with an American flag spare tire cover). My three year lease was up, so it was time to turn old George in to the dealer. Thankfully, I've already replaced George with my new (to me) Mazda Tribute, so I'm not car-less. I love the new Tribute. It's automatic (George is manual), drives SO smoothly, gets better gas mileage (a must in this day and age), and is lots of fun to drive. I'm not 100% settled on its name yet. I thought about The Tide, since it's crimson (get it, The Crimson Tide), but that just doesn't roll of the tongue like George does. I also thought about Al (i.e. Big Al, Alabama's mascot), but that sounds like I'm naming my car after Brother Al! So, any suggestions would be most welcome.

I took a few minutes this morning to take some pics of my two cars together so I can remember George. So long, old friend! It's been fun...

Comments

theglenns556 said…
I bought a new van (yes, a van!) a few weeks ago and I totally forgot to take farewell pictures of my old car. How sad!
Jennie B said…
Ah, farewell George. Its hard letting go. I had to let go of my "Emeralda"...to my husband..boo hoo because you can't put car seats in a firebird. I can't remember the last time I drove my baby Emeralda. Now I'm in our big trunked "Fanny".

If you wanted a female car, you could call her "Scarlett" that would be fitting for "a Georgia girl".
Amie V said…
Is it a girl car or a boy car? I'll have to think on a suggestion....
Peas on Earth said…
Wow! You've posted a lot since I have been on! :-) Congratulations on the new wheels ... oh, and the car, too. bwaa ha ha! (ok, it wasn't funny.)

:-) see you soon!
Barb said…
Well, I think Jeff Holmes is the winner of the car-naming contest, which was the entertainment in the car all the way to Grand Prairie tonight. He suggested naming it Bear (after Bear Bryant, of course). Works for me! And it roles of the tongue a lot better than Tide. Although, Jennie, I do like the idea of Scarlett. Pretty funny. But all my cars have been male, and I'm pretty sure this one is too.
Genny said…
Are you sure you don't want to use any of Abigail's suggestions???
Well, this may be a little late for the vote, but I'd go with "Scarlett" except say it "Scah-lett" with a strong Southern accent. "Bear" is a good name, too. Or even "Bryant" which seems to roll off the tongue (isn't there a pun with "roll" here?). Whatever you decide, I'm glad you've got new wheels.

Miss you,
Jane

Popular Posts