Weekend in Aggieland

This weekend I went to College Station to visit the Elbel family, friends who have known me longer than anyone other than my family. Our families lived in Germany together when I was an infant, and my parents and the Elbels have remained best friends since then. I decided to spend the long Labor Day weekend hanging out with them, and we had a great time. An extra bonus was the fact that their daughter, Kathrin, and her husband, David, arrived about an hour after I did on Friday, and so I was able to hang out with them all weekend too! We went walking and Bonnie showed us her classroom; Kathrin and I made some cute wooden decorations for Bonnie's classroom door; we did a little shopping and a lot of talking; we looked at old photos and my Scotland pics; David made fantastic meals and we ate a LOT; we played with Kathrin's dog Ebby; we went to the A&M football game (they lost); and we watched the end of the Alabama game (they won - Roll Tide!). It was a great weekend, and I am thankful to have such lifelong friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats to your 'Bama team!!
Genny said…
What a great place to spend the weekend. : )

Popular Posts