Wonder House Halloween Party

Last night was the Wonder House Halloween Party. Ever since I got my invitation I've been trying to come up with a costume. The theme of the party was "Welcome to the Jungle," so I decided I should be the King of the Jungle. I knew the church still had lion costumes from when we did that musical a few years ago, and I knew the mane and paws would fit me, though the rest was child-sized and wouldn't work. So I set out to find a "lion body" to go with my mane. Mom ended up finding an actual lion costume, so I mixed and matched and came up with a pretty decent lion costume. No, I was not the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz - just a lion.

The party actually turned out to be a lot of fun. After the costume contest (Joanna the peacock won best overall, and Rachel the monkey won best animal), Rachel and I headed to the back room to watch the final quarter of the Alabama vs. Tennessee football game. Bama won big, so it was a great night. Roll Tide! Enjoy these photos of the party...

Rachel the monkey

Amanda the cowgirl, and Amy, "eye candy"
The pirate family - Egbert, Dia, Solana, and CMac Hood

Joanna the peacock

Erika the convict and Kristen the diva

Angel as "Ugly Betty"
Taryn as the Gorilla Ballerina

Comments

Jennie B said…
See I was thinking you were Aslan... looked like a good time!

Popular Posts