Merry Monarchs on Merida

When I got home from church today, a family of merry monarchs greeted me at the door. They were there earlier this week, but didn't hang around long enough for me to get my camera. Today, apparently they were having a good time, because they didn't seem bothered by my presence or my camera. A couple of times they flew right at me! They were so pretty, darting in and out of the bushes, lighting on the flowers. I think I got some pretty decent pics. What a happy way to start the afternoon!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, Barb... they are gorgeous! You got some GREAT shots!
Genny said…
Nice title to this post. Great pictures. A nice afternoon surprise...
Jennie B said…
I love that 4th one, but they are all very great shots. What a great way to start the day!
Bartley Family said…
Love the pics, what a treat to see them like that and at your front door. Love the pics of the skyline from the state fair.

Popular Posts