Mater Magic!

You may remember, last year I didn't have much success with my tomato plants - three plants, lots of little yellow flowers, and not a single tomato! I decided to try one more time, and planted one tomato plant this year - in a pot this time. Well, ever since I planted it I've been watching and watching, and it seemed like it was going to be a repeat of last year. I finally gave up and continued watering it but never really looking closely in hopes of finding tomatos.

Then, about two weeks ago, I looked over at the tomato plant as I was unlocking the back door, and this is what I saw:

Was that a tomato? I immediately looked closer, and sure 'nuf - I'm growing a tomato! I actually found four others that were even bigger. Five tomatos! I was so excited!
Since then, the tomato plant is doing GREAT! I'm up to eight tomatos. The biggest one is about the size of a ping-pong ball, and the others aren't far behind. There's even one more teeny tiny one, which tells me maybe my plant isn't finished producing tomatos.

Now, if I could just speed up time, because I am SO ready to see them grow big and red, and cut them up for a scrumpteous BLT or yummy salad. Did I mention I love tomatos?!

Comments

theglenns556 said…
Impressive! I've never attempted to grow them but I do love them with a BLT or home grilled burger! YUM!
Genny said…
So glad you are getting tomatoes this year. Looks like it's not my year. The squirrels (hated, evil things) keep getting them. Oh well...
Barb said…
So sorry about the squirrels, Genny. You had a couple of really nice-looking tomatoes last weekend. Stupid squirrels! I'll share my maters with you this year :)

Popular Posts