God Bless America

This weekend we celebrate what is probably my favorite holiday aside from Christmas - Independence Day! Now, I know as a Christian I should probably say Easter is my favorite - and I do love what Easter represents, obviously. The freedom that the United States celebrates on the 4th of July is nothing compared to the freedom that believers experience by sharing in the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But, I must admit, the 4th of July is my favorite. I love all the summertime traditions that go along with it, from swimming in the hot summer sun, to barbeques, to small-town parades, to extravagant fireworks displays in the nation's Capital. I love to dress up in my red, white, and blue, sing patriotic songs, and wave my little American flag. I just can't help myself - I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!

Here's wishing you a fabulous Independence Day weekend, full of fun, food, flags, friends, family, and fireworks!

Comments

Amie V said…
Happy Independence Day! I will always remember our Scottish fourth of July... good times. =D

Popular Posts