Camera Playdate

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was just itching to take pics. One of my favorite things to do is be a "tourist" in my own town - going into downtown Fort Worth and just taking pics of all sorts of random things/places that characterize the city. Well, I knew Amy would be up for joining me, so we hit the town with our cameras in tow.

First stop, a cool old building called the Public Market. I don't think it's used for anything anymore, but it's got really cool tile-work and brick.

Heading further into downtown, we happened upon St. Patrick's, a beautiful old church right in the middle of all these really modern buildings. We took lots of pics outside, and then Amy tried the doorknob and it opened, so we went in - GORGEOUS! Reminded me a lot of sight-seeing in Europe.

After we left the church, we walked over to the Water Gardens, taking pics of other interesting sights along the way.
I titled this one "City, State, and Country"
We spent a little while walking around the Water Gardens, and even went down into the main fountain. It's always a little nervewracking walking down those steps, because they're not really wide enough for two people to pass.
After meeting some other friends for dinner downtown, we decided to walk around and get some night shots of the cool buildings and signs that make up downtown Fort Worth. I just LOVE this town - it's got so much character!
(I was standing in the middle of the road for this pic, and got a little nervous with the car coming at me, so I moved before the shutter closed. This is what I ended up with. Not exactly my plan, but it's kinda cool!)

Comments

Popular Posts