Change, It Is a'Coming!

Oh, the changes going on in my life right now!

You have probably heard by now, but I have submitted my resignation to Southwestern Seminary, effective August 11 (next Tuesday). After nine years of service, including seven in the Biblical Studies Division office, I am moving to a new position at the Cambridge School of Dallas. CSD is a classical Christian school, grades 6-12, and I will be serving as Administrative Assistant to the Headmaster (Dr. Wolfe, my former boss at SWBTS) as well as chaplain to female students (though that part may be unofficial to start off). I hope that in future years I can move more into teaching, but this is a great way to get my foot in the door and really get more involved with student ministry, which is where my heart and calling truly is. I can't wait to start my new job on the 17th!

Of course, with the new job also comes the necessity of a move, since it's just too far of a commute from my apartment in Fort Worth. I think I have found a new apartment complex - I go up to view the specific unit I would be renting on Thursday afternoon, and if all works out, I will move the following weekend.

As for church, I hate to leave Wedgwood - it's my home and my family, and I truly love that church. But I am realistic, and know that driving 40 minutes on a Sunday morning is not ideal. I also know that I will really not be happy if I can't be active in the music ministry, even if I'm not able to direct my children's choir, so I will eventually begin looking for a new church in the area that I will be living in. But I'm thinking one change at a time - I'm committed to staying at Wedgwood through September, and after that I'll reevaluate and make some decisions.

All in all, life is really in flux for me right now. But it's all exciting, and I'm thrilled with the way God is moving and working out the details. One of my coworkers told me today that I look like a different person because I'm so happy. I will say that I feel an enormous sense of relief and thankfulness that this new job has worked out - last semester was a rough one, but I believe that God used that to prepare me to be willing and ready to jump out of my SWBTS comfort zone and into a new position that he has prepared for me.


And for those that are wondering, don't worry, this does not mean I'm quitting school - I WILL finish my dissertation, and then you can call me "Dr. Barb"! :)

Comments

Maston said…
Congratulations on your new job! That is so exciting. Change is always hard, but brings good things. You are right...just take it one step at a time.
Erin

Popular Posts