Heads or Tails? HEADS!

You may remember my photos from last year's Barnum & Bailey Elephant Walk - we ended up "behind the scenes" with a tail-end view of the pachyderm parade (incidentally, I have a lot of pictures of animal butts: camels, zebras, elephants - my friend Amy suggested I make a collage!).

Well, this year I was wiser - we got there earlier and knew which side of the street to stand on. Unfortunately, there was a rather significant crowd, but Rachel, Amy, Amanda and I pressed our way in there with everyone else to watch the six circus elephants chow down on their buffet of lettuce, apples, bananas, bread, carrots, hay, and watermelon. This year's view was so much better!

And while we were downtown, we did a little "clowning around". :)

Did you know ...

...that elephants only have 4 teeth, but they weigh 12 pounds each!?
...that elephants get freckles on their trunk as they age?
...both male and female elephants have tusks, though the females' tusks are quite short.


The End!

Comments

Genny said…
A very fun and educational post! Love the last picture.

Popular Posts