Spring Break 2017

This year I stayed in Texas for Spring Break, but that didn't mean the week was lacking in fun. I started out by heading down to Bonnie and David's for the weekend. Kathrin brought the kids down, and I got to meet her newest little one, lab puppy Clara. It was a beautiful day, so we took the kids and pups for a walk/bike ride to a nearby park. The kids showed off their tree-climbing skills, and we all enjoyed the time together.
Don't you love that T is wearing a Christmas shirt in March?!

Later in the week, I met up with my coworker Abigail at the Dallas Arboretum to take some 9-month pics of her baby. She wasn't in the best of moods (we found out later she had a tooth coming in), but I think we still got some cute pics. And the flowers were of course gorgeous - I stayed around after Abigail left to enjoy the day and take some more photos of the flowers.

Another day, Genny and I drove up to Pilot Point to the tulip field. We had been planning this since January, and we were both so glad we found a time when we were both free. The tulips were so pretty and abundant. We spent time walking around, taking pics of the flowers, debating which ones were our favorites, and eventually picked a few to purchase. Tulips are my favorite flower, so that was probably my favorite adventure of the week. 

I ended the week by meeting up with Chaney to go see the new Beauty and the Beast movie. It was so good! We both left feeling happy.

I really enjoyed the downtime and relaxing over Spring Break. I could use a week like that more often! I'm so glad I was able to meet up with good friends who made the week even better.

Comments

Popular Posts