Car Shopping - Task Completed

Yesterday Norman and I spent a few exhausting hours car shopping. The lease on my Jeep is up in July, so I was trying to get an idea of what I could afford and what I want before that happens. Turns out, I can't afford much in the way of a new vehicle, even a small car like a Civic. I was really frustrated because I really didn't want to downgrade from my Liberty to a small car, but it seemed like that was going to be my best bet. Plus, the lease incentives being offered by most dealerships seemed to be false advertisement, with so much fine print. I left the third dealership discouraged and no more enlightened as to the future than I was before the day started.

Well, Dad took the initiative to start looking at used vehicles on the Atlanta newspaper website. He found a 2006 red Mazda Tribute (which is exactly what I wanted) for a really good deal at a dealer in Georgia. He and Mom drove to the dealer today to check it out, and now I'm the proud owner of a Mazda Tribute! Yippee! Thanks to my parents for putting down the downpayment, it is right in my price range. Now I just have to turn in the Jeep and fly to Georgia and pick up the Tribute in July. I'm so excited! God definitely provided beyond my expectations, especially after yesterday's shopping experience.

Comments

Amie V said…
Congrats! I'm glad that worked out so well for you... although I'm (of course) a little jealous. Things never quite work out like that for me... ;)
Genny said…
Yea!!!! God does that sometimes.
Peas on Earth said…
snazzy car! yay for you! :-D
Bartley Family said…
Congrats! Very cute. Can't wait to see it.....lunch sometime?
Jennie B said…
It's beautiful! What a blessing to find the car of your choice for the price you can afford!

Instead of a car we bought a swing set of our choice for a good price. Should be fun building that sucker. Although a new car would be nice, no visitors are gonna be riding in our little Focus, we are full!

Have fun with it! I hope you can get is ASAP!

Popular Posts