A Week in Wet Disney World, Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

Wednesday started out with rain - it was raining before we ever got in the car to head to Animal Kingdom. That's so disappointing, because I LOVED Animal Kingdom when we went in 2000. But what can you do? Ben, Dad, and I were really excited about riding the new rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was a great ride, except for the rain pelting us in the face. We became honorary bugs at the Bug's Life "It's Tough to Be a Bug" 3D show in the huge Tree of Life, met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy all decked out in their safari gear, and thoroughly enjoyed the Lion King show. Unfortunately, we were so wet and cold after the Lion King that Mom, Papa, and Ben had had enough. Dad and I were determined to stay longer, however, so we left them take the car and we rode the shuttle bus back after the park closed. We took a very wet safari, rode the Dinosaur ride, and saw Finding Nemo--The Musical (so good!) before finally taking our soaked selves back to the resort.
(Everest photo borrowed from the Disney website)

(also borrowed from the Disney website)

After dinner that night, I kept trying to convince everyone to go to the hot tub, but for some reason nobody was interested. So instead Dad and I spent an hour shooting pool while we watched the final sing on American Idol. Not exactly the day I had envisioned for Animal Kingdom, but fun nonetheless.

Comments

Amie V said…
the one park i haven't been to... but it looks great, despite the rain. what did you think of idol? ;)
Barb said…
Amie, I highly recommend Animal Kingdom, especially on a sunny day. It is like a zoo and amusement park all rolled into one. And the Everest ride is great! As for Idol, I was really happy that Kris won. Adam has a great voice, but he's too "out-there". I wouldn't want to listen to a whole CD of him. I think he fits better in musical theatre. What did you think?
Amie V said…
i was happy kris won, as well, but either one would have deserved it. =)

so, when i go to animal kingdom, you want to come along? ;)
Barb said…
heck yeah I wanna go! :) especially if it's not raining.

Popular Posts