Texas Rangers, Sunsets, and Fireworks

Friday night a group of my friends decided to take in a Texas Rangers game. Now I really enjoy going to baseball games, and the Rangers are actually doing well this year (for once!), but for some reason I never really have gotten into actually WATCHING the Rangers games. I LOVE watching the Braves though! Anyway, the game was a lot of fun, and the Rangers beat the Dodgers 6-0.

The view of the new Cowboys Stadium on the way into the ballpark

Love this pic of Amanda, Amy, and me!The color accent feature on my camera gives some interesting views.

Honestly, I really didn't watch much of the game. I was more interested in photographing the amazing sunset and trying to catch pictures of the incredible lightning storm that surrounded the stadium. Shockingly, the storm never hit us - it seemed to go right around the stadium - but it sure put on a good show for us. Unfortunately, I never did get a pic of the lightning (this was the second time this week that I tried unsuccessfully to get pics of lightning, and if you haven't heard the story of my Wednesday night attempt, let's just say my head had an encounter with a falling iron and may never be the same!). Regardless, I was able to get some great sunset shots, and also thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks show that closed out our evening (I'm like a little kid with fireworks - I LOVE THEM!). I was just disappointed that nature's fireworks seem to evade my photography skills. Maybe next time...

(If you look closely below, you'll see a rainbow in the middle of the sunset - just to the right of the big baseball)

Comments

Genny said…
Great pictures!!!
Amie V said…
what a gorgeous evening! i don't get sunsets like that 'round here. or at least, i can't see them for the buildings. ;)

and i love fireworks, too!
alissa said…
I love the color accent pictures!

Popular Posts