June Is Busting Out All Over!

The month of June was spent working as much as I had to and as little as I could get away with and still get all my projects finished, and playing as much as possible in the meantime. 

The school schedule is usually my most difficult project of the summer, but this year it took me only a day and a half - wonder of wonders!
The completed schedule!
Brodie went to work with me as many days as possible.
Putting together the summer mailer
My coworker Russell and I created a makeshift recording studio in one of the classrooms and spent one day recording hymns and Christmas songs. It was so much fun! I will really miss singing with Russell now that he left Cambridge.

Genny's mom and Aunt Sylvia joined us at the Scrapbook Convention in Arlington. It's always a fun day of shopping and getting inspired with new ideas for our scrapbook pages.

I spent one weekend in College Station with Bonnie and David. They surprised me one evening by cooking homemade chicken schnitzel and spaetzle. I love German food, and they love to cook, so it was perfect! 

Brodie and I took a Friday to hang out with Genny at her pool. This dog loves to swim, so he had a blast, and he looked adorable in his new shark life jacket.

I spent many other days relaxing and reading at my apartment pool.

Sonic introduced their new pickle juice snowcone slush. If you know me, you know I love pickles, so I couldn't resist trying it. It was actually fairly good. Salty and sweet at the same time. Yum!

I spent lots of time with my Brodie boy. He is such a good companion and has so much personality. He has really enjoyed me being home more this summer, and going to school with me on the days I had to go.

And then, at the end of June, I finally got to leave Texas for a couple of weeks of vacation. I drove from Dallas to Meridian, MS, where I spent the night and then finished the drive the next morning. 

I arrived in Georgia in early afternoon, and by that evening, aunts, uncles, and cousins all joined us at my parents' house for a weekend of family fun. We spent a lot of time in the pool and had a great time together.

And the vacation was just beginning. July promised a lot more fun...

Comments

Popular Posts