A Very Green Post (in honor of Earth Day?)

It's simply coincidental that I'm posting these very green photos on Earth Day, believe me.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day (brilliantly sunny, not a cloud in the sky, mid-80's, low humidity) that I couldn't stand to be indoors after work. So I decided to visit the Japanese Garden at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. I'd only been in the Japanese Garden once, and had forgotten how lush and beautiful it is. I got there around 6, so I only had an hour before they closed, but I thoroughly enjoyed wandering the paths, crossing the ponds on the stepping stones, listening to the birds sing, sitting and reading beside the waterfall, and of course... taking photos.

By the way, I have not enhanced these photos. It was just THAT green in there! At times the vividness of the greenery is almost overwhelming.



Is it just me, or does this next pic look like an impressionist painting?

This next one doesn't seem to fit, but I liked it anyway. It makes me think of Christmas.
This was my favorite spot. I sat on a rock overlooking this pond, listening to the sound of the waterfall as I read for a little while. So serene, so peaceful... I didn't really want to leave.

Comments

Amie V said…
wow. it is gorgeous! and you captured it gorgeously, as always. i love the greens, especially this time of year.
Ched said…
These images are great. The one with the small bridge/reflection is particularly striking.
Jennie B said…
You really need to go work for National Geographic, your pictures are superb and really make me want to be outside.

Popular Posts