I was blog-hopping this morning, and was inspired by Travis Cottrell to do a different kind of year-in-review for 2009. Yes, I know we are halfway through the first month of 2010. I hadn't planned to do a year-in-review this year, wanting to break from my pattern in 2007 and 2008. But I thought Travis Cottrell's idea of 10 Favorite Days in 2009 was neat, and imitation is the best form of flattery, right? However, since it was 2009, I'm doing my "9 Favorite Days." So without further ado, here they are (in no particular order, of course).
- The day my prospectus was approved - After working so hard for comps and getting my prospectus written, the day I found out that it was approved and I was cleared to start writing my dissertation was a fabulous day. Admittedly, I haven't focused on it nearly as much in the months since, but at least i have clearance to do so, right?
- Singing the part of Mary Magdalene in Wedgwood's Easter musical - Mary's song touched me the first time I heard it, and I was so excited to be given the opportunity to sing it - "You call me beautiful, you call me righteous, You call me worthy of your precious blood..."
- Christmas, of course -I just absolutely love the entire Christmas season, and it was a blessing to spend Christmas with my extended family.
- The day I got to resign at SWBTS -I have no ill will toward SWBTS; I'm still a student there and will eventually graduate with a SWBTS Ph.D. But it was such a relief to be able to quit my job there and move on to Cambridge - if nothing else, it felt like life was moving forward and I was getting a "real job."
- Fourth of July in San Antonio - Independence Day is one of my favorite days of the year anyway, but to spend it this year exploring San Antonio with three great friends was so much fun!
- Disney vacation (ok, not a day but a week for this one) - Despite the rain that put a damper on our vacation, my family had a blast enjoying the Disney parks in Florida this summer.
- The Iron Bowl -Not only did Bama enjoy a victory, I got to watch the big game with my parents, brother, and grandparents, and the whole group was decked out in Alabama attire. Roll Tide!
- Concert at the Cowboys Stadium - To attend the inaugural event at the new Cowboys Stadium was amazing; to hear George Strait and Reba McEntire was awesome!
- Exploring the Bluebonnets and Water Gardens -A last-minute decision to enjoy the spring sunshine and search out some bluebonnets turned into such a fun evening hanging out with Amy and Amanda, first in a small field of bluebonnets, and then at the Ft. Worth Water Gardens.
There's no question - 2009 was a good year, full of fabulous experiences, good friends, time with family, big changes, and exciting travel. I pray 2010 brings much of the same (as well as some major progress on the dissertation!).