Okay, this post is inspired by Genny's "top ten" lists about vacation, and is supposed to make up for me not making any recent posts. I'm sorry, but it's hard to have anything to blog about when you spend the week working 8 to 5, and spend most of your evenings waiting for the cable man to show up - believe me, you DON'T want to get me started on that!
So anyway, here are the top ten reasons I wish I was still in Scotland -
10. I miss caramel shortcakes - my favorite!
9. I didn't have to worry about whether the cable man was going to show up.
8. No work - I studied by day and played by night.
7. An average high of 65 degrees in July! (Sounds great after a week of near 100)
6. It was much easier to keep up my figure - walking everywhere and not eating fast food.
5. Weekend adventures, exploring castles, lochs, etc.
4. The southern accent is nowhere near as intriguing as the nice Scottish brogue.
3. Did I mention not having to work?
2. I need a hill to climb, and Seminary Hill doesn't count!
And the number one reason I miss Scotland is...
1. I miss my friends there very much.
So there you have it. I had a moment last week where I was driving home and I thought "I wish I was in Aberdeen." And right after that, I thought "What am I thinking?!?!" I guess transitioning back to Texas may be a little more difficult than I thought. But I am happy to be home, even though I do sometimes dream of going back to the land of tartans, thistle and bagpipes...