Top Ten Reasons I Miss Scotland
So anyway, here are the top ten reasons I wish I was still in Scotland -
10. I miss caramel shortcakes - my favorite!
9. I didn't have to worry about whether the cable man was going to show up.
8. No work - I studied by day and played by night.
7. An average high of 65 degrees in July! (Sounds great after a week of near 100)
6. It was much easier to keep up my figure - walking everywhere and not eating fast food.
5. Weekend adventures, exploring castles, lochs, etc.
4. The southern accent is nowhere near as intriguing as the nice Scottish brogue.
3. Did I mention not having to work?
2. I need a hill to climb, and Seminary Hill doesn't count!
And the number one reason I miss Scotland is...
1. I miss my friends there very much.
So there you have it. I had a moment last week where I was driving home and I thought "I wish I was in Aberdeen." And right after that, I thought "What am I thinking?!?!" I guess transitioning back to Texas may be a little more difficult than I thought. But I am happy to be home, even though I do sometimes dream of going back to the land of tartans, thistle and bagpipes...