Halloween

For Halloween Genny's youngest, Abigial, and her friend Claire asked me to paint their faces white for their costumes. I did Abigail's face a couple of years ago when she was a clown, calling upon my experience of turning myself into a mime during my college days. I was quite happy to oblige, so I went over to Genny's after work last night and promptly set to work on Abigail's face, then did Claire's when she got there. They were so cute in their costumes, Thing 1 and Thing 2!

my favorite part - beating the face with a sock full of baby powder!

After they left for the Fall Festival with Claire's family, I visited with Genny and Rebecca, played Wii with Bec, and Jeff made our evening by bringing us Double Daves' pepperoni rolls. Yum! Then, after removing their white faces, the girls pulled out Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii, and I challenged Genny. We both did the beginner level and neither of us did well, but it was still fun and we worked up a sweat even after just 3 songs. DDR is good exercise! I can't wait till I get my PlayStation so I can play at my house!
All in all, it was a fun though unusual Halloween for me. No Fall Festival, no witch's brew, and no candy! But I got to hang out with one of my favorite families, so it was all good.

Comments

Amie V said…
It sounds like a great night all in all. I can't wait for you to have your playstation so I can come for monkey ball tournaments.... =D
Jennie B said…
There is nothing like a ddr Halloween extravaganza. My second year teaching, some students that lived in our neighborhood stopped over and we all played ddr and i ordered pizza for us all. They passed out the candy and we carved pumpkins. It was 100% impromptu but it was a lot of fun. I love those times in life.

Sounds like a fun night you had, and I loved the thing 1 and thing 2 costumes, so creative.

Popular Posts