Post-comps celebrations

This week has not exactly been the most pleasant I've ever experienced. I'm sleep-deprived, brain-dead, and my stomach is not liking much of what I put in it. But at least comps are over and now all I have to do is wait on the results (hopefully I'll know something sometime next week - I'm trying to butter Dr. Wolfe up by bringing him milkshakes!).

But this week everyone has made me feel so special. Thanks, everyone, for the abundant prayers. They were certainly felt! Mom and Dad sent me flowers on Monday (via Genny) with a card that said "RELAX! (And congratulations in advance!)". They are beautiful and definitely brighten my apartment with their beauty and fragrance.

Genny brought me dinner on Tuesday night so I wouldn't have to worry about what to eat - and she brought my favorite, Red Hot & Blue! Yum! (Sorry, Genny, I didn't think to take a picture - see, told you I'm braindead!)

Yesterday when I came back to work, all my coworkers gathered in my office and sang "congratulations to you" (to "happy birthday") and brought me a delicious carrot cake to celebrate.

And last night Joanna, Taryn, and I celebrated that comps are over by eating dinner at my other favorite, the Japanese steakhouse. Unfortunately, it really didn't like me and I've been pretty much miserable ever since. :(

Oh, so how did I do? Well, I think I did fine. As long as what I studied was what they were looking for, I did well, because I wrote exactly what I had studied. They did throw a couple of curveballs at me, but I think I handled them. Maybe not a homerun, but at least not an automatic out. :) Okay, that's about the extent of my baseball analogy. I'll let you know the results as soon as I hear. Thanks again for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. I couldn't ask for better family and friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats, again, for finishing!
Amie V said…
I'm so glad they are over... now you can relax a little! I hope you can find someone who's behind you can kick at Monkey Ball, in my stead... at least for now! =D
Jennie B said…
Yeah!!! You did it, your head didn't explode, you didn't end up in the looney bin, you successfully completed the comps and proved yourself. So again YEAH! I don't need to hear how you did, I know you aced em.

Popular Posts