StockShow and Rodeo

On Saturday I went with the Holmes family to the Ft. Worth Stockshow and Rodeo. We went early enough that we could walk around the different booths and exhibits, see the art show, get fun "fair food", and see the animals before the actual rodeo began. When we first got there, we saw the petting zoo, so even though it was freezing, Genny, Abigail, Genny's sister Amy, and I braved the cold to pet llamas, rabbits, goats, ducks, and even a Scottish highland cow! It was so cool! Who knew you have to go to the Ft. Worth rodeo in order to pet a Scottish cow?!


After the petting zoo we went inside to get warm. Katherine and her cousin Ashley both did a texting contest , and they each won their round. We went to see the art display, which was bittersweet. Katherine's beautiful painting was prominently displayed and was better than most of the others there, but unfortunately she didn't place in this year's contest.

We spent a little while wandering around the different barns, checking out the various animals, then finally climbed up to our seats. This year we had a better location, even though our seats were right at the top of the arena. The rodeo was a lot of fun - the bull riding was impressive, the calf roping was sad because nobody suceeded, and the funniest part was when the kids win a prize if they can catch a calf and drag it to the center of the arena. Hilarious!

All in all it was a really fun, even if cold, evening. I'm so thankful that I have a Ft. Worth family to share these events with, and who invited me to join them. Thank you, Holmes family!

Comments

Amie V said…
i love the rodeo! and it looks like it was great fun. good thing there wasn't a momma heilan coo around to chase you off.... =D
LeAnn said…
I miss going to the FW Rodeo! It looks like you had fun though! I always thought the calf scramble for the little kids was the funniest thing ever, though I admired the kids that did it. I probably wouldn't have lasted as long as some of them typically do.

As far as blog headers go--look at thecutestblogontheblock website and under blog secrets, it tells you how to do one. They even have some blog header packs that you can use (under fashion your own facelifts). I'll be glad to help, though I make no promises that it will look good. :)
Genny said…
A good COLD time was had by all. Great pictures as always!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the picture of the pigs and piglets. Kathrine is very talented. I loved her art. I would have voted for her. I'm thankful that you have a family that has adopted you.
Jennie B said…
Oh that sounds like fun. Glad you had a good time!!

I have never been to a rodeo, I think our fair has one but we haven't ever been. Might be worth checking out. :)

Those animals were cute too! Hope you had your purell on hand. :)

Popular Posts