Texas Ice Day

After a record high of 84 degrees on Saturday (Jan. 3), this morning we woke up to freezing rain and ice. I had to stand outside in a skirt in the freezing rain, trying to hold an umbrella and scrape the ice off my windshield before I could go to work. :( Man, it is cold out there! At lunch time I noticed some icicles forming on street signs and the car, and when I got left work I noticed ice on the trees and bushes. Thankfully it didn't stick to the roads because of the warm temperatures we had this weekend. Here are a few pics of the ice around my house.

Comments

Jennie B said…
Oh you make ice so pretty. We had a bad bout of ice a few weeks ago and it wasn't pretty like that at all, I could only see $$ and doctor bills when I looked at it. LOL, I'm to scared to fall on my butt in those conditions and am always a bit nervous, because once i fall there is not counting me getting up. tee hee. :)

Thanks for the pics of the Texas Ice, you can keep it, I will keep our snow.
Amie V said…
Wow. Who knew? ;)

I saw the River Dee with loads of ice-- not quite iced over, but there was a lot of it! Sadly, I was on the bus on the way to London... and my camera wasn't handy. I'll have to check back after some more cold days. =D

Popular Posts