Laus Deo

On Sunday I was privileged to be the guest on Dr. Wolfe's radio program, Laus Deo, a national radio program broadcast on Sirius. He has been after me for a year to do a guest appearance on his program, but it broadcasts at 4:00 on Sundays, right when I have to be at church for children's choir. Unfortunately, he found out I didn't have children's choir over the Christmas break, and I was out of excuses.

Thankfully, the topic was the subject of my dissertation: Exodus imagery in Revelation. I was really nervous beforehand, because when I'm put on the spot my brain doesn't seem to communicate well to my mouth. On sunday after church I read through my entire masters thesis on the subject, as well as parts of other papers I had written, trying to make sure I was prepared. I also gathered some notes together so I could have them in front of me as a sort of security blanket. It turns out, the program went really well, and it actually went by rather quickly. I was able to answer the questions asked of me, and only stumbled over and forgot my words a couple of times. I was pleased with the result.

If you're interested in listening (which believe me, I won't be offended if you aren't), you can download the program for free immediate on itunes (search "Laus Deo Radio" and click on the image below "podcasts". If you don't have itunes, it will be available after the month of January from http://www.lausdeoradio.net/programs.asp.

Dr. Wolfe's son, Adam, was screening the calls for the program, and he was kind enough to take a few photos before we got started. The last image is the cover to the cd of the program. I'm listed as a NT scholar! Oh my!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job, Barb. I enjoyed the show.

-Adam Groza
Genny said…
New Testament Scholar -- yeah! I probably won't buy it for my iPod, but I'm sure it was very interesting. And, glad you were able to do the program.
Amie V said…
Woot! And not just any scholar-- now a famous radio star! ;)
Jennie B said…
OH MY! Youre famous, how cool. How neat to be on a radio show.

At least you weren't the subject on Dr. Cranes show from Frazier..that would be a bit embarrassing. :)

congratulations!!!

Popular Posts