Decorating for Christmas

On Saturday morning, Mom and I set about decorating our family Christmas tree. Dad and Papaw built a box for it to sit on, since the branches are so low to the ground it's hard to even get presents underneath them (and we MUST have presents under the tree!). :) When we finally got the tree situated in place and assembled, it was so tall we had to pull out the ladder to decorate the top! Mom fluffed the branches (my least-favorite part of putting up the tree), I took the ornaments out of the boxes and repacked all the empty boxes into the tote, and then we started decorating. It's always a long process, because we have certain ornaments that must have a place of honor, and some which are hung in the same place every year. We always end up moving ornaments around, trying to make everything look perfect. In the end, the tree looked beautiful. Mom and dad made these light-up glass "gifts" to sit underneath the tree, and the effect is beautiful. Of course, it will look even prettier once there are presents wrapped and placed underneath, but we were all pleased with our work overall.

Here are a couple of pictures of the tree in my apartment too. My tree is nice and tall, but skinny, which is good because I don't have a lot of room for it anyway. As it is, I have to move the papasan chair into my spare bedroom for the season. I took the last pictures with my new camera, experimenting with the color-accent feature. Pretty cool!

Comments

Amie V said…
New camera?! Do tell.... =D

The trees both look great! They are gorgeous. I miss having one. This year it's even worse, with the flat in such a state. *sigh* I'll just come back to your blog and look at yours. =)

I love the lighted 'gifts'... I'm going to have to remember that idea!
Jennie B said…
Those trees are gorgeous, ours always looks so...haphazard. Care to come help decorate mine this weekend with us and share your expertise??/

Popular Posts