Christmas at Pecan Manor

Friday night, Rachel convinced me to attend the President's reception for SWBTS students at his home, Pecan Manor. Can you believe I've been here 9 years and never been to Pecan Manor? I usually avoid going to any event there, but Rachel persuaded me to go by telling me I could take my new camera (not the big Olympus, she said) and take pictures of the 6 Christmas trees and more than 200 nativity scenes. So I got dressed up and we, along with her friend, Amy, spent about an hour at the President's home. Not only is the place elaborately decorated for Christmas, but they serve fancy hors d'oeuvres and desserts such as pistachio fudge, cinnamon popcorn, and cranberry pomegranate cider. We ate, took pictures, and hobnobbed with the administrators. We even had a good laugh when Dr. Patterson got down on all fours and started headbutting Noche (his black lab), Noche barked, and Mrs. Patterson told them both to stop it! Unfortunately, my camera battery died right before this spectacle, and I didn't get a picture. It would have been a GREAT video! Anyway, here are some photos of the Pecan Manor Christmas decorations.

The house is huge, and beautifully decorated.
Rachel's roommate, Katie, provided harp background music for the event. It was beautiful!
The trees - in order: hunting tree, international tree (x2), Texas tree, centennial tree (x3, Jesus tree (there was one more, but I didn't get a photo)
What do you do at Pecan Manor? Eat, eat, and eat!A couple of the more than 200 nativity scenes, mostly from around the world, and all labeled with their origin:
Centennial decorations were everywhere:
A funny saying, hanging in the President's massive library - rather ironic, I think:

Other decorations:

Comments

Amie V said…
Hm. Maybe I'll skip teaching and go straight to being president at some university... what a gorgeous place! And you can't go wrong with food, friends, music, and Christmas decorations. =D

Popular Posts