Starr's Mill, aka Sweet Home Alabama

Less than a mile from my parents' house is Starr's Mill, a picturesque old mill that was featured in the movie Sweet Home Alabama as the location of Jake's glass shop. I've been wanting to stop by and take some photos for a while now, so one day before Christmas the lighting was pretty and I convinced Dad to stop for a few minutes so I could take photos (or "play Barb", as Amie says). I snapped a couple of pictures, then mom took the camera from me and started taking pictures of me (that was not my intent!).
using the color accent feature on my camera It was so cold! Dad and I huddled together to try and stay warm.
And then... my battery died. Bummer! I wanted to go to the other side and take pictures, but it wasn't gonna happen that day. So Ben and I stopped the next day in the midst of our last-minute Christmas shopping for a few more pictures from a different angle. I let Ben try to take a couple of pictures of me in front of the mill. He did a good job of getting me in the pics, but had trouble getting the mill with me. He finally got it though, and I think the picture turned out pretty good (the last one below).
These last couple of pictures are not of Starr's Mill, but they're pretty sights from Fayetteville and Peachtree City. The first is the historic Fayetteville Courthouse. We drive by there every time I'm home, but this is the first time I actually got out of the car in that area and had the opportunity to take a picture. The last picture is Peachtree City Lake (where we watched the fireworks on the 4th of July). It was SO cold, so I just ran down to the edge of the lake and snapped a picture really quickly. I'm pleased with how well it turned out, since I didn't really take my time.

Comments

Popular Posts