Thanksgiving Craziness

I went home for a week for Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, other relatives started arriving - my Mamaw and Papaw, Papa, and Aunt Brenda. Then on Thursday the rest of the crew descended upon my parents' house. My cousin Heath, his wife LeeAnn and their baby Easton stayed with us for the rest of the weekend, and other family members came for just the day. We had 26 people there for Thanksgiving dinner. It was great to visit with family members who I haven't seen in a couple of years, and we all had a great time and a lot of food. This year we have a lot to be thankful for, with a new job (finally!) for my uncle Alvin, a new somewhat unexpected job for Dad, good health, God's provision, and a wonderful family and friends. Here are just a few of the pics I took from the weekend - Thanksgiving dinner, the family, and Isbell family traditions like playing marbles.

kisses from Harley
sweet Sophia
Ben and his girlfriend Katie
my cousin Gary and aunt Kay being silly an amazing Thanksgiving spread the "kid's tables"
cute cousins - Tori, Adam, and Jade
the after dinner nap - dad and my two grandfathers
Mamaw getting to know her newest great-grandson, Easton
Easton helping me play marbles
Easton would giggle whenever Harley licked his hands - too cute!
Papa in front of the village
playing MonkeyBall with Ben
Mom told me she wanted family photos of all the various groups gathered at our house for Thanksgiving. So I tried to play photographer, taking different groups outside. It didn't last long, because people weren't all that cooperative. I did get a few good photos, especially this first one.
all the great-grandchildren - Jade, Adam, Alex, Sophia, Easton, Tori
cousin Alyssa and her family
cousin Gary and his family
On Saturday, most everyone gathered again to watch Bama slaughter Auburn in the Iron Bowl - 36-0! It was a great game, and we had fun cheering for the Tide and fellowshiping together through the victory.

Comments

Amie V said…
Wow, what a spread! And what a houseful! It looks like it was fun. Thanks for sharing it!

Popular Posts